Friday, April 20, 2012

A brand new menu for delivery Tuesday, April 24!

Happy happy weekend!

Did you know that next week, on Thursday, April 26, it will be Take Our Daughters and Sons to Work Day? For those among you with school-age kids and students, there are plenty of activities to explore at the website http://www.daughtersandsonstowork.org (Penelope and I won't be participating, as bunnies and kitchens are not the best match!)

This week, our menu livens up for spring with some vivid colors and seasonal flavors, plus some well-loved standbys to round it all out. I hope you enjoy these dishes as much as I have enjoyed envisioning them!

Please place orders by Sunday night for delivery on Tuesday, April 24. I can always try to accommodate orders that come in later, but it makes my job easier if orders are in before I begin on Monday morning. You can order by emailing rathercraftymary@gmail.com

Thank you so much, and I look forward to feeding you and your families and friends soon!

Much love,
Chef Mary

**********************************************

SOUP:

By popular request! Silky smooth pureed mushroom soup! Just a touch of cashew creme makes it extra amazing (can be omitted for the cashew sensitive.) $8

PLATES:

Muhammara! This middle eastern style walnut dip is traditionally made with roasted red peppers, but I am offering an even-healthier, just as scrumptious, raw version! Kissed by fragrant cumin and a splash of lemon juice. Served with crunchy veggies to dip. $11

Herbed amaranth, with pecans and veg du jour! Elegant enough for company, simple enough for a weeknight. One of my all-time favorite dishes. $12

Light and springy, and a colorful feast for the eyes! Cucumber-melon salad with sweet vidalia onions and red quinoa! Sprinkled with almonds and served over crisp greens, of course. Yum! $12

Red Bean Chili! Medium-spicy, with plenty of veggies and beans. A nice scoop of brown rice tones it down a touch and rounds it all out. Yum! $11

BAKERY:

Apple and applesauce muffins! A favorite for kids of all ages! $10 half dozen, $18 dozen.

Chocolate hazelnut spread with a chocolate chip scone to slather it on! For the chocolate-sensitive, I can make a rich vanilla scented version instead, with a (vegan and gluten free, of course) cream scone. For those who would like to keep it all raw, I can substitute crunchy-chewy-delicious raw cacao crackers as an accompaniment! Options for nearly everyone. Please specify if you would like one of the modifications (chocolate-free or all raw) as the default will be chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate! $10

********************************

As always, all dishes are vegan - that is, free of meat, egg, and dairy products of any kind. I do occasionally use locally sourced honey, but I specify in the dish description when I do.

I do NOT use peanuts, soy, or any ingredients derived from them. I do NOT use wheat, barley, rye, or any other gluten-containing ingredients. I do NOT use anything weird or synthetic.

I DO use real ingredients! I use non-gluten whole grains, tree nuts, seeds, and lots of fresh fruits and veggies - local and/or organic whenever possible.

Please please please let me know if you are allergic or sensitive to anything at all. Specifics for this week: Everything is or can be chocolate-free. The soup can be cashew-free on request, and the only thing that can't be done cashew-free is the scone. The baked items and cucumber melon salad are free of garlic, and the amaranth is very low in garlic (I use just a little in making the veggie broth in which I cook the grain.) The mushroom soup is likewise just a little garlicky - I make the mushroom stock with some garlic in it, but Earnest (my garlic barometer) finds it not too garlicky at all! The chili and muhammara have garlic, but not a huge amount.

Ordering is done a la carte - you may order one or three or more of everything, or just a few dishes. I deliver to Boston, Brookline, Cambridge, and Somerville. Please inquire about other areas; sometimes they make sense to my route, so please ask!

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing you soon!

Chef Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment