Thursday, March 22, 2012

Spring has sprung! Crafty new menu for Tuesday, 3/27

Spring has sprung! And oh my, is it ever warm!

I was walking around outside and I saw so many flowers blooming on trees, in bushes, and in gardens. I couldn't believe how many flowers were already in full bloom in March - and not just crocuses and daffodils, but hyacinth, forsythia, and I could swear I saw a dogwood in bloom too!

I don't know what it means for the growing season ahead of us, and I don't know what changes are in store for us longer term. But I do highly recommend getting outside, walking around in your neighborhood, and seeing what's blooming near you!

Here's a delicious new menu for the springy turn the weather has taken! Enjoy!

Please place orders by Sunday night for delivery on Tuesday, March 27.

Thanks so much!

Much love,
Chef Mary

**********************************

SOUP:

Southwestern Black Bean Soup! Yum! $7

PLATES:

Hedgehog Potatoes with a generous side of Spanish Romesco Sauce! No hedgehogs are harmed in the making of this dish; the potatoes are just cut and roasted in such a way that they resemble hedgehogs. Romesco sauce is made from tomatoes, roasted red peppers, smoky paprika, almonds, and homemade gluten free herbed breadcrumbs. $11

Curried Cauliflower with pepitas and raisins, over brown basmati rice. So yummy! Contains a touch of raw local honey. $11

Roasted Beet and Sunchoke Salad, with Cilantro, red onion, and red quinoa. $12

Thai Forbidden Black Rice Salad with colorful peppers, cashews, and a light sesame vinaigrette over greens $11

BAKERY:

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins $10 half dozen $18 dozen

Vanilla Tapioca Pudding! Made with almond milk and a swirl of cashew creme, and topped with a dusting of nutmeg. A good sized portion $8

************************************


Whenever possible, ingredients are organic and/or local. If you have a question about a dish or an ingredient, please ask!

All dishes are vegan, so they are naturally free of common allergens fish, shellfish, dairy, and egg. I specify any dish that contains honey. I do not use soy, peanuts, wheat, or other gluten containing grains. I DO use tree nuts and seeds, and naturally gluten free whole grains. If you have any kind of allergy or sensitivity, please let me know!

It helps me and Mother Earth if you return the containers when you are finished with them.

Thank you so much!

Much love,
Chef Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment