Thursday, June 21, 2012

A Crafty New Menu to Beat the Heat! Your personal chef delivers the best vegan, gluten free food to Boston and beyond!



Holy heat wave, Batman!

It's a super hot day here in Craftyland, so I've come up with some ideas for beautiful, delicious, and downright awesome foods to cool you down and sustain you through this heat wave and beyond! The heat is supposed to break over the weekend, so I'm also including dishes that will feel just right as temperatures normalize.

Since it is so hot, I would like to remind folks that if you are not at home or at your office when I deliver, please leave a cooler with ice packs! I only have so many insulated bags and ice packs, and I use them to keep everything cold and fresh for deliveries. So if you are at home/work when I deliver, great! If you are not there, please try to put out a cooler, especially on these long, hot days! If you've been receiving your deliveries at home, but are usually at work on Tuesday afternoons (and your work is within a reasonable delivery area) I can often deliver to your workplace instead!

We have much to celebrate this week, not the least of which is that today is the first day of summer! The longest day of the year is a great time to kick back and relax (and let me do the cooking for you!) Those of you who have kids and those who teach are gearing up for summer vacations, summer camp, and trips to visit the relatives! At least one of you is getting married this month. Congratulations! Have a great time, one and all!

Happy together!
An important note: I have the opportunity to spend some time with my wonderful toddler niece the week after next, and I can't help but seize that opportunity! So I will not be delivering on Tuesday, July 3. I will be back and refreshed to deliver again the following week, on July 10. So in the meantime, happy July 4th! And I hope to see you all this coming Tuesday, and then again two weeks later.

Please place orders through the end of Sunday, June 24 for delivery on Tuesday, June 26. I do my best to accommodate orders that come in on Monday too, but I can't guarantee I won't sell out of something if you wait too long!

Happy happy summer!

Much love,
Chef Mary

******************************
*******

SOUP

Potato and Asparagus Vichyssoise! A deliciously creamy chilled soup (it will also be great reheated if you prefer a hot soup) to cool you right down after a hot, sticky day! This may be the last of the local asparagus for the year, so let's enjoy it while we can! $8

PLATES

White bean and millet salad with fresh market veggies - including some gorgeous local zucchini and fantastic sun-dried tomatoes! $11

One of my all-time favorites, raw sprouted sunflower seed hummus! I can not get enough of this dip, with crunchy veggies on the side, of course! $10

Bunny Bento! This rendition will feature bunny-shaped brown rice onigiri (rice balls) filled with a carrot and almond filling, accompanied by colorful, seasonal fruits and veggies. $12
Bunnies!

Hedgehog potatoes! Everyone loves these cute little taters, sliced and roasted in such a way that they kind of resemble little hedgehogs. Served with one of our favorite sauces, Romesco! Romesco is made from roasted red peppers, tomatoes, almonds, homemade gluten free herb focaccia, and plenty of exotic paprika. Yum! $12

BAKERY:

Lemon Poppy Seed Muffins! $10 half dozen, $18 dozen

Pomegranate Tapioca Pudding! Cool off with a refreshingly light dessert or snack! $9

Raw cacao chia seed pudding! If you've never tried chia seeds, you'll find that this pudding is a little bit like a tapioca pudding, but with its own distinct personality! (You'll never know it's so rich in antioxidants, protein, and healthy fiber!) $9

*************************************************

Please let me know before ordering if you are allergic or sensitive to anything at all! I do not use wheat or other gluten-containing grains. I do not use soy or peanut ingredients. Everything is vegan, so there are no dairy, egg, or meat (including fish/shellfish) ingredients. I DO use fresh, whole veggies, fruits, nuts, seeds, beans, and non-gluten grains; organic and/or local when possible. Below I have tried to give a guide to sensitivities I am aware of, but I might miss something here so do remind me of your sensitivity when you order. Thank you!

GARLIC: Present in the soup, a little in the Romesco, a tiny bit in the Bento, and a little in the Hummus; but I can make a small garlic-free batch of hummus on request.
NUTS: Soup will contain cashews, Hedgies and Bento will contain almond. The bakery items this week will contain almond and/or cashew milks, but if you're interested and sensitive to one nut and not the other, let me know, and we'll figure something safe out!
SEEDS: Hummus will contain sunflower seeds and sesame seeds. Bento will contain sesame. Muffins will contain poppy seeds and flax seeds. Chia pudding will contain chia!
CHOCOLATE: Chia pudding will contain raw cacao, but I can do a small batch of an all-vanilla version if you prefer!
RAW: Chia seed pudding and Hummus are raw! I can do a small batch of raw Soup on request too.
SCD/GRAIN FREE: Hummus and Chia pudding are ideal! Choose Soup if you tolerate potatoes, and Tapioca if you tolerate tapioca (a root starch.) I can also do a bread-free mini-batch of the Romesco sauce that accompanies the Hedgies.
ACD/YEAST: Hummus is always a fantastic choice (let me know if you are avoiding nutritional yeast, which is not related to candida, and/or raw, organic apple cider vinegar.) Soup is also a great choice, followed by the other entrees - all pretty reasonable choices too. Chia pudding will be sweetened with lower-glycemic index agave nectar, so is the best choice among the sweets for those on an ACD path, but I don't tend to use much sugar in general, letting natural ingredients shine through on their own merit!

No comments:

Post a Comment