Thursday, June 7, 2012

A Wonderful New Allergy-Friendly, Vegan Menu For YOU! Delivery Tuesday, June 12 to Boston and environs.

Happy happy June!

The weather may be a little gloomy today, but it's supposed to clear up a bit in time for the weekend! Saturday morning's downtown Pride parade should go smoothly on a lovely, mild day! We've also got some other fun celebrations coming up: Flag Day is next Thursday the 14th, and Sewing Machine Day is Wednesday the 13th! I bet you didn't even know there was such a thing as Sewing Machine Day! (I didn't.)

This coming week, I have a gorgeous new menu for you! More and more of our veggies are coming from nearby farmers, which is very exciting! Farmers markets are starting back up in our communities, providing the opportunity to get out and meet the people who grow our delicious food! Try a new-to-you vegetable this summer!

Please order by the end of Sunday night, June 10, for delivery on Tuesday, June 12. (I do my best to fulfill orders that come in throughout the day on Monday too, but it helps to have them already collected when I get started Monday morning.)

Thank you all so much for your continued business. I look forward to seeing you soon!

Much love,
Chef Mary

*****************************************
 
SOUP:

Chunky White Bean and Vegetable Stew! Fresh veggies and herbs brighten your day, and nutritious beans give you energy for hours! $8

PLATES:

Carrot Ginger Nori Rolls! The original recipe, with plenty of fresh raw veggies, cilantro, and a handful of nuts and seeds to keep your motor running. Rolled up with spinach and nori sea vegetable. My favorite! $12

Muhammara! This middle eastern style walnut dip is traditionally made with roasted red peppers, but I am offering an even-healthier, just as scrumptious, raw version! Kissed by fragrant cumin and a splash of lemon juice. Served with crunchy veggies to dip. $12

Quinoa waldorf salad! A protein-rich, light, and refreshing update on a classic salad - Fruits, nuts, and quinoa in a delicious vinaigrette, over fresh lettuce. (All raw version available by request, with hemp seeds instead of quinoa.) $12

Herbed amaranth, with pecans and veg du jour! Elegant enough for company, simple enough for a weeknight. Rich in iron, protein, and all sorts of good stuff! One of my all-time favorite dishes. $11

BAKERY:

Savory plantain muffins! I usually offer sweet muffins, but this week I thought we would try something a little more savory. Ripe plantains keep them moist, and warming spices keep them fun! $10 half dozen, $18 dozen

Chocolate hazelnut spread with a chocolate chip scone to slather it on! For the chocolate-sensitive, I can make a rich vanilla scented version instead, with a (vegan and gluten free, of course) cream scone. For those who would like to keep it all raw, I can substitute raw buckwheat-cacao crackers as an accompaniment! Options for almost everyone. Please specify if you would like one of the modifications (chocolate-free or all raw) as the default will be chocolate, chocolate, and more chocolate! $10

***************************************

I do NOT use wheat or other gluten-containing grains in my kitchen. I do NOT use peanuts or soy. Everything is vegan so I do NOT use dairy, egg, or meat (including fish and shellfish.) Please let me know before ordering if you are allergic or sensitive to anything at all. I try to list all the sensitivities I know of below, but this is not an exhaustive list of ingredients so please let me know!

SPECIAL DIETARY CONSIDERATIONS:

NUTS AND SEEDS: Hazelnuts in the hazelnut spread.
Almonds and sunflower seeds in the nori rollups.
Walnuts in the waldorf salad and muhammara.
Cashews in the scones.
No nuts in the soup or muffins. Can easily be eliminated (substituting pepitas) on the amaranth.
CHOCOLATE: Choose chocolate-free version of hazelnut spread and scones. Everything else is chocolate-free!
GARLIC: Garlic in the soup, and a little in the nori rolls, and muhammara. I make the veg broth I cook the amaranth in with a little garlic too, but it's not super-garlicky.
RAW: Muhammara and nori rolls are raw. All-raw variations available on waldorf salad and chocolate hazelnut awesomeness by request!
ACD: choose everything except the hazelnut spread, which is sweetened with agave.
SCD: choose nori rolls, muhammara, raw version of waldorf salad, and the soup if you tolerate beans.

See you soon!

Love,
Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment