Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Your Favorite Personal Chef Brings You a Crafty Back-to-School Menu for Delivery to Greater Boston on Monday, September 10!

Happy September!

Many of us are getting adjusted to new fall schedules this week, as we or other family members start a brand new school year. Such an exciting time - a new year is unfolding ahead of us, whether we're students, teachers, parents, or none of the above. Fall brings new uncharted paths, new concepts to explore, and new friends to make.

It's a time of so much change for so many folks, that I thought I'd bring back some old favorites for all of us to relax into. This week I'm showcasing a few of my most-requested dishes for you and your families to enjoy. I hope you love all of them, whether you've tried them before or some of these dishes are new-to-you. This menu will be ready for delivery on Monday morning, September 10.

Feel free to email me any questions, comments, and orders at rathercraftymary at gmail dot com.

Thank you, and I look forward to cooking for you soon!

Much love,
Chef Mary

**************************************

SOUP:

Corn Chowder: Corn season is in full swing, and what better way to celebrate it than with the perfect late summer soup! $9

PLATES:

Guacamole: This is my take on the quintessential raw dip, with peppers, cilantro, mild red onions, and three different freshly squeezed citrus juices. Served with plenty of crunchy local veggies to dip. My idea of heaven! $11

Raw "Mock Tuna" Salad: A delicately flavored pate of sprouted sunflower seeds with mild dulse seaweed, crunchy veggies, and herbs over fresh greens. So good you will swoon! $12

Tamale Pie: Delicious, slightly spicy red bean chili, chock full of local veggies. With corn bread baked right on top. $11

BAKERY:

Chocomole: My favorite raw, vegan chocolate pudding made from avocados and sweetened with dates! Rich tasting, but super healthy! Topped with a dollop of vanilla cashew creme. $10

Zucchini walnut muffins: Possibly the most delicious muffin ever, and it's made with local zucchini! $10 half dozen, $18 dozen

*********************************

I strive to bring you the best, freshest, most amazing food that just happens to be gluten free, soy free, peanut free, and vegan. I use local and/or organic ingredients when possible.

Below I've listed some of the more common sensitivities and special dietary paths, but this is not an exhaustive ingredients list. Please inform me before ordering if you have a food allergy or sensitivity.

SOUP contains a small amount of cashews which can be omitted on request. Small amount of cooked garlic.
TAMALE PIE topping contains flax; chili contains cooked garlic. I can reserve some of the chili without topping on request.
GUACAMOLE contains raw garlic; can be omitted on request. If you don't like a certain dipping veg (celery, for instance) let me know and I can customize your veggies.
MOCK TUNA contains almonds, sunflower seeds, and raw garlic.
CHOCOMOLE contains cacao.  Cashew creme may be omitted on request.
MUFFINS contain nuts and flax seeds.

RAW: Choose guac, chocomole, and mock tuna.
ACD/sugar free: Choose soup, guac, tamale pie, and mock tuna.
SCD/grain free: Choose guac, mock tuna, and chocomole. If you tolerate beans, choose the chili from the tamale pie, without the corn bread topping. If you tolerate fresh corn straight off the cob, you can choose the soup too.

Thank you all so much for your continued awesomeness, and I look forward to cooking for you soon!

Much love,
Chef Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment