Tuesday, November 20, 2012

New Menu for Monday, November 26 and an Announcement

Happy Thanksgiving week!

I am so thankful to have had the opportunity to cook for you and your families these last two years. I am very lucky to have gotten to know you!

I have a difficult announcement to make. I will be delivering Monday, November 26 and Monday, December 3, and then I will be putting Rather Crafty's weekly deliveries on indefinite hiatus. This hasn't been an easy decision, but it is what I must do.

I will continue to be available for events and special orders. I will definitely be available to come and cook in your home. I can spend an afternoon cooking for you or with you in your kitchen. When I'm done, there will be plenty of yummy food tailored specifically to your family's needs and preferences. I can put some in the fridge for that week, and some in the freezer for later. I can also teach you some of my recipes! It's fun to gather your friends in the kitchen and learn a new recipe or method. Always wondered how I make the muffins so tender and delicious? Why my soups are so nourishing? Here's a great chance to learn! I can even teach your kids and their friends age-appropriate techniques and recipes. I have years of experience baking with and for kids.

So I hope to remain part of your culinary lives! In the meantime, I'll be working on a cookbook, among other projects. You'll still see me at the farmers' markets. (Our friends the Stillmans will be in JP Saturdays through December, then at the Winter Farmers Market at the Somerville Armory on Saturdays through May. Our friends at Alex's Ugly Sauce will be at the Downtown Crossing Holiday Markets a lot in the next month and a half. Check them out!)

So with a bold look forward, and some sadness too, here is the second to last weekly menu. I will deliver this menu on Monday, November 26.

Thank you so much, and I look forward to cooking for you soon!

Much love,

Chef Mary

******************************
***********

SOUP:

Roasted Beet Soup! Liven up your chilly evening with this lovely fuschia soup! Great hot or cold. $9

PLATES:

Southwestern black bean dip, with crunchy veggies on the side. Yum! $10

Roasted root veggie medley, with millet and green veggies du jour. Topped with toasted pumpkin seeds. $11

Butternut squash stuffed potatoes! One of my all-time favorites, with green veggies to round it out. Served with a dollop of cultured cashew creme on the side. $12

BAKERY:

Cranberry ginger muffins! $10 half dozen, $18 dozen

Maple walnut granola balls $9

*********************************

Please inform me (or remind me) if you have any sensitivities or allergies. Everything is free of dairy, egg, meat, and other animal products. I do not use wheat or other gluten grains. I do not use soy or peanut. I do use fresh fruits and veggies (local and/or organic when possible), tree nuts, seeds, beans, and non-gluten grains.

SOUP: Contains cashews. I can do a small batch without on request. Contains just a little onion and garlic.
BEAN DIP: A little onion and garlic. Slightly spicy, but won't knock your socks off. Safe for most.
ROOTS: I think this one is safe for everyone!
POTATOES: If you're sensitive to cashews, skip the creme. Should be safe for everyone that way. Filling contains nutritional yeast, which is not related to candida. Also contains a tiny splash of apple cider vinegar and just a little garlic.
MUFFINS: Safe for all; ACD use your judgement.
GRANOLA BALLS: Contain almonds and walnuts. ACD use your judgement.

Corn-free: There is no corn in anything this week.
Grain-free: Choose soup, bean dip, and potatoes.
Garlic and onion: a little in the soup and bean dip. Tiny bit of garlic in potatoes.
Nut-free: Choose bean dip, roots, potatoes minus cashew creme, soup minus the cashews, and the muffins.
ACD: Savories are all great choices. Sweets in moderation are reasonably good choices for later stages.

Thanks for reading!

Love,
Your very favorite personal chef, Mary

No comments:

Post a Comment