Wednesday, May 11, 2011

Local Product Spotlight: Grillo's Pickles

Hi folks! This here is a new segment on the blog I'm calling Local Product Spotlight. When the mood strikes, I will write a few words about awesome, small businesses that I like. Today I'm going to talk about Grillo's Pickles, because I have some samples to give out. Every order you place today for delivery this Friday will come with an awesome sample Grillo's Hot Italian Dill Pickle. Hooray!

You can place an order from the menu on the previous post by emailing me at rathercraftymary@gmail.com . You can order as much or as little as you like - from just one pint of soup to five of each item on the list!

(Just to clarify, no one has paid me to advertise any products, I just really want to support other local foodie and/or health-centered small businesses! But I did get some free pickles the other day, no strings attached, and that's why I'm talking about this particular product today!)

****************

Okay, so I love crunchy pickles. I love almost all veggies, and I enjoy most of them pickled. I love the crunch, the salty, sour flavors. I love them on their own or chopped up in a salad or nestled next to a veggie wrap. Right now, I am especially in love with locally made Grillo's Pickles.

Grillo's Pickles are vegan, gluten free, and delicious! They are made locally from fresh, unpasteurized cucumbers, peppers, and herbs. Because they are not pasteurized, they retain all the natural crunchy goodness of the cukes, but in awesome pickle form!

My favorite flavor is the Hot Italian Dill, seasoned with fresh dill, jalapenos, and habaneros. So that's the flavor I have to share as samples this week!

You can get them at several local grocery stores, including City Feed, Whole Foods, and Stop and Shop. And they are the BOMB!

Here's another reason to like them: like me, they're from Connecticut. With a lot of hard work and the love and support of their family, they are now taking over greater Boston! Check them out and learn more at www.grillospickles.com

No comments:

Post a Comment